Saturday, August 22, 2009

Training august 20, 21, 22,

August 20:
This was the day after the Mock race. It rained really bad right when I was about to go for a bike ride. So instead I did a core workout. 30 pushups, 30 sit-ups, 5lb kettle bell workout, and I tossed up a 4lb medicine ball 50 times.

August 21: BIG WORK OUT!
I did the same workout I did yesterday plus an extra sit up and pushup and 10 extra medicine ball throws and 10 extra swings with the kettle bell.

Swimming: I swam 50m sprint, then 150m sprint x 2, then another 50m sprint. We think the timing was wrong for the Kiwanis 100m, because my best 50m is 1:07.05. So I don't think I can do 100m in 2:02 (plus that included getting out of the pool and running to the mat). So my new goal for 135m is 3:30.

Bike: I biked 6.27 miles

Run: Right after I got off the bike, we ran 2 miles.


August 22:
Bike: We just got done biking 10.33 miles.

Im going to keep doing the core workouts by adding one extra push up and sit up and ten extra throws witht he medicine ball and ten extra kettle bell swings everyday.

Tomorrow we are going to swim a lot and then try to run our fastest mile ever. (the fastest so far is 7:41)

No comments:

Post a Comment