Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Training - August 5th





Today we got the new bike! The bike is a lot lighter and has a lot less friction so it goes a whole lot faster. It also has toe clips. Toe clips are important because you can pull up on the pedals and not just push down. After this race we are going to get clip in pedals instead of toe clips but we don't have the clip pedals because dad thinks I wont be able to get used to the bike and the pedals by Saturday.

I rode about six miles today. In the middle of that I did a two mile time trial. I did the two miles in 7:46. I did it in 9:21 with the old bike. I know I can do it faster I wasn't really going as fast as I could at first because I was trying to get my feet in the pedals. Also, I was still getting used to the bike.

I also went to Nick's house today to work on my swimming. He told me I need to keep my head in the water more when I'm breathing and also how bend my elbow when I bring my arm up. I worked on it and swam about 200m. I think it helped me a lot.

Tomorrow I am going to run and bike some more. Friday we'll probably bike a little but not too much. Maybe just 2 miles.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bike. It reminds that my first multi-speed bike (it was a 3-speed) was a Schwinn Corvette bike. I got it for Christmas when I was ten. It was a lot different that your. I'll send you a photo. Your time are terrific. I know you will improve your time with a little practice and be competitive for the trials in Alpharetta. I'm already making my plans to come and support you.
    Love,
    Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete