Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th- Rest day

Tomorrow is my first mock race day!  There is one more mock race day before Kiwanis.

Our goals for the first mock race day are Swim 2:30, Bike 10:30, and run 4:00.  The goal for the transitions is 40 seconds.  That equals 17:40 which should put me right in the middle of the pack.  For right now, 17:40 is really good because we are half way through the training and we still are using the mountain bike.  For the second mock race day I should have my new bike and my goals will be Swim 2:15, Bike 8:00, and Run 3:45 and 30 seconds transitions which is 14:30.  That would make me top 5 in all the Kiwanis races that have been posted this year.   The new bike should really help!

Now onto Baseball!  Baseball is my favorite sport.  I play center field mostly and back-up at second base.  For almost this whole last season I hit lead-off.   I really like to play center field.  There are a lot of pop-flies in Center field.  When the batters are up I always want them to hit really far to my left or right or front or back so I have to dive and make an outstanding play.  When I'm on the bases I love it when there are two outs because you get to run when its hit no matter what.  But my favorite thing to do when I'm on the bases is steal!  In 19 games this past season I had 31 stolen bases and I only got picked off once when I was at third.  The catcher made a really good move and I thought he was throwing to second so I took off to score, but he threw it to the pitcher and they got me.  Im pretty mad about that.   I had 57 plate appearances and my batting average was .395 and my on base percentage was .544.  I got hit by the pitch 4 times and was walked 10 times.  

We should be starting the fall season in a couple weeks.  Im really excited to start playing again.  Here are some pictures my dad takes at the game.

The first one is my favorite.  I had a full count with two outs and the bases loaded and I hit a triple to right center field.

My favorite player is Michael Bourn the center fielder for the Astros









No comments:

Post a Comment