Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Training July 15th

When I woke up today I knew this was going to be a hard running day.  I had to run .75 mile then walk .1 mile then run another .75 mile.   

But I did more than just that.  When Mom, Tyler, and I went to the pool I swam 3x25m with big breaks in between.  Swimming wasn't on the schedule, but I just did it for fun.

My dad told me he would be home around 530pm.  So I needed to hydrate around 4pm.  I drank half a water bottle full of water and then played with Tyler and the Thomas the Train set.  Tyler really likes playing with the trains.

When dad got home and right before we left to run, the news weatherman said it was 96 degrees.  But when we got outside it felt like it was 103!  We started running from the driveway and ran around the block.  Its .34 miles around the block.  We run with a GPS so we can see our average speed and how far we run.  

Our goal was to run .75 mile in 6 minutes.  At .5 mile we were at 3:52 seconds and finished the .75 mile in 5:52!  Thats exciting because in the first week we ran the half mile in 4:30 and I don't think I could have gone any further.  
Then we walked .1 mile and ran another .75.  The second .75 was 6:46 but I ran the whole way.

Im really excited because I've seen a lot of progress since when we first started.

Tomorrow is a rest day so I'm going to post about what I do when I'm not training for the triathlon. BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then Friday is a mock race day!  I am going to do the same race as the Kiwanis with the transitions.  

2 comments:

  1. Great progress. Keep up the good work.

    Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Austin,
    Great job man! keep up the good work. Just looked at your competition stuff online a ironkids and it looks tough! Then again I am kind of partial to baseball so I guess thats just more work then I want to do. Keep the updates coming man!

    Ryan L.

    ReplyDelete