Friday, July 10, 2009

Training- July 10


Today was a tough day!  I woke up at 730 this morning.  I wasnt planning to go to the pool today, but mom was going to swim laps so I asked if I could come.  I swam 25 m x 4 with big breaks in between.  It wasnt very hard.  I wanted to try a different stroke, so I chose the breast stroke and swam 25 meters.  That was hard because I never have done the breast stroke before.

We had a scheduled workout with a 2 mile bike and .75 mile run.  We started at 445pm and the temperature was 98!!  The picture is right before we got started biking.   This is a mountain bike and its hard to get over 13mph sitting down.  I should get the new bike the last week in July.  Here is a link to the 2009.  (mine will be the 2010 model)  


Running was really hard.  I had a really bad cramp in my right side.  I had to walk a little but I kept pushing myself to finish.  My cramps were probably because I didnt hydrate before my run today and because I'm not used to taking deep breaths yet.  Im hoping it gets better before I race.

Thanks everyone for the donations!  I really appreciate those donations!

Tomorrow morning we are going to a Kiwanis triathlon to see how they do the transitions and how how triathlons run.  I'm very excited and it should help me with my transitions by watching how they do it.

1 comment:

  1. I am 100% behind you, Austin! I know you can handle anything!!! Remember, kiddo, when we accept it, our strength comes from a VERY capable God. Even in the minor moments of my life (like changing my pump infusion site) I ALWAYS quote Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me". Acknowledge God in all your ways and He will make your paths straight (that is from Proverbs). Austin, trust in God for your strength. You will have tough days but I promise you, your efforts will be rewarded if you trust in God. Be prepared....sometimes the rewards aren't exactly what you have in mind, but HE will be faithful and HE will reward you. We can talk more about it when you are here, if you want. In the mean time, know that I am 100% behind you! I love you! Aunt Christin

    ReplyDelete