Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Training - July 8th

Hey Uncle Andy, Aunt Lisa, Pawpaw and Aunt Christin. Thanks for the comments to help me keep pushing myself and keep going for the ironkids! I've decided to donate ten percent of the money I get from sponsors to a charity! The charity I'm donating to is to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International.

Today Dad and I rode six miles but our average speed was only 11 mph. With the road bike we're hoping to get up to 17.5 mph. That bike should get here the last week of July just in time for the Kawanis race. Just in time to get used to it. I think it'll be okay but it might be a little harder than the ironkids will be because I'll be used to the bike by then.

Thanks for everyone's support! Check out the Donate button on the upper right!

2 comments:

  1. Count me in at the IRONMAN Level. I want to be right there with you, cheering you on.

    Love,
    Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Austin....you blew me away. I was reading your post out loud to Connor, Rachele, and Olivia and got to the charity part....I wasn't reading ahead - just reading. Well, kiddo, you made me burst into tears. Thank you for choosing JDRF. I love you so much! Aunt Christin

    ReplyDelete