Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Training- July 14th

Today was a swimming day.  I started with two 50m sprints with a 15 second break.  Dad timed me and I did the last 50 meters in 1:08.  I think I could have gone a little faster.  Then I was supposed to do 100m, but at the end of 100, Dad told me to keep going and I ended up going 150!

The Ironkids distance is about 135m and when I first started swimming I thought there was no way I could do it.  But today I did it!  I was really happy.

The rest of the time at the pool we worked on me breathing on both sides instead of always my right side.  It felt very different!  But if I can breath on both sides it should really help me.  Dad says I need to take a breath every three strokes.

I didnt get to ride my bike today because Mom had to go to a meeting as soon as Dad got home and we had Tyler.  But Dad said that will be ok.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Austin,

    I'm a friend of your "Honey" and I want you to know how cool I think this is. What an inspiration you must be for other kids your age! I also wanted you to know how proud your Honey and Pawpaw are of you. I was over at their house on Friday night playing Bunco and your Pawpaw gave a "little" speech on your behalf and told us about your competition and your blog. He was so proud of you and encouraged all of us to make a donation. On your behalf, I suggested to him that he should match any donations you receive from the Bunco players and he agreed to do so up to $250.00. So I hope this helps you with your expenses and also with your contribution to Juvenile Diabetes. That's really thoughtful of you to do that. Good luck and keep up the good work! It will only get easier and easier for you as you condition. Keep us posted on your progress, buddy. Sincerely, Margie Benjamin

    ReplyDelete