Saturday, July 11, 2009

Training- July 11




Thanks Aunt Christin for the great comment about begin 100% behind me!  

Today was the day of the 4th Kiwanis triathlon. The one I'm training for is the 5th Kiwanis triathlon. We watched the 7-8 year old girls. Then the 7-8 year old boys. Then we watched the 9 year old girls then boys. Then it was my age group the 10 year old girls then boys. So even though I'm 9, I'm in the 10 year old group for boys is because the age is determined by my age on Dec. something.   I learned some things by watching the transitions and swimming.  For the swimming they go around buoys so no one is in a lane.  

Today's workout was a 25m warm-up then  50mx4 with the break increasing by 15 sec. break (starting from 15 sec.)  Then 100m KB and 50m warm-down.  KB stands for kickboard.  I finished the 25m warm-up fast but the 50mx4 increasing by 15 sec. break starting from 15 was hard.  The first one because it ad only a 15 sec. break in between.  My best time for 50m was 1:10 seconds.  The 100m KB was kind of hard because I could only use my legs.  The 50m warm-down was pretty easy. 

I'm learning to do the back crawl as a back-up stroke just in case I need a little breather because my head will always be above water when I do the back crawl. The only problem is that I'm using my same muscles in my legs that I am in the front crawl.  The arms are close to the same but when I switch I haven't had a problem. The legs I've had I think one problem with and that was today.

The pictures above are of me in my speedo (the swim suit I'll where on race day), me swimming on the 50m warm-down and Tyler watching me and enjoying a capri sun.  You'll also notice I got a haircut today!




No comments:

Post a Comment