Monday, July 13, 2009

Training- July 13th

Sorry there was no post yesterday, but it was a rest day!  And I needed it!

Today was a running day.  When I ran on July 10th I had really bad cramps.  Today we had the same distance run as July 10th ....so your thinking that I had those cramps again.  Well I didn't!  I ran a .75 mile distance at a much faster pace and I didn't have to walk!  So I did really good on that.  We also had to run .5 miles after a 2 minute walk.  The .5 mile was my fastest yet! Our old fastest was 4:30 but today I did it in 4:05!

Tomorrow is a big swimming day with a 5 mile bike ride too!



 

2 comments:

  1. For the record....I was unable to keep up with him on the run. We run with a hand held GPS unit that tracks distance, speed, and time. I had to hand it off to him as he shot forward and I was left gasping with hands on knees.

    This was in stark contrast to the other day when I kept my steady pace and he had to walk due to his cramps.

    I could tell he was apprehensive about this run (he was really discouraged when he had those cramps) but about .6 miles into the run he looked at me and said "Dad!, I feel like I could run forever!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run, Forest...uhm, I mean Austin, RUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete