Friday, July 17, 2009

Mock Race Day! - July 17

I just finished my mock race.  I feel tired.  I knew I could finish after all the training I've done but I want to be competitive.   Here are my times:

Swim - 3:02  My goal was 2:30.   I need to work on being able to sprint the whole 100m not just the first 30 and then run out of gas.

Transition one - 1:29  My goal was 30 seconds.  I need to do transitions a lot more so I can fix this.  I think because I've never done a competitive transition before I wasn't ready for it.  Putting my shirt on took almost 20 seconds (it was inside out when I picked it up).  My socks took 10 seconds.  Running to the transition area took over 15 seconds.   I think I should have been practicing more on transitions because it added a minute to my time!  

Bike - 9:25  My goal was 10:30.  I'm really excited about this!   The reason I was going so fast was because of the first transition and I knew I had to make up for that time.  I think I can go a lot faster when I get my road bike.

Transition two - 00:9  The goal was 10 seconds so I'm very happy with this.  Transition two is just running your bike to the station and taking off your helmet and starting the run.

Run - 4:07  My goal was 4:00.  I'm ok with this time.   I really pushed myself on the bike so I'm ok with being over by 7 seconds.

Total time - 18:12  Goal was 17:30  

So I really need to keep working on my swimming.  My best 100m is 2:44, so I know I can do better than what I did today.

Tomorrow is a running day.  But I know I'm going to work on my swimming everytime I go to the pool  


1 comment:

  1. Excellent first mock race! I guarantee you I would not have finished that in 25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete